- Flip your head over and put a little bit of pomade at the root. I like to do this because it makes the hair easier to braid by giving a little bit of soft/flexible hold. Braids are less likely to slip out when you use this.
- With your head still flipped, braid from the base of your neck going up to the crown area. Stop where you want the bun to start.
- When you reach your stopping point with the braid, tie the 3 braid pieces off with a clear elastic.
- You should still be upside down at this point. Now gather all of your hair into a high ponytail. Flip right-side-up and make sure it’s centered, then tie it off with your other clear elastic.
- Tease the hair with a comb or a teasing brush.
- Pin it into a classic bun shape. If you need help with this last step, click here. You could also top this off with the “Fun Bun” if you’d rather. (Last but never least, a light veil of hairspray is optional!)
Source: The Beauty Department
X O X O