So, here we are. It’s time to say goodbye to 2011 and ring in the new year.
1. Dream a little dream. Devote this year to making your dreams come true. The time is now, don’t wait until it’s too late to follow your heart.
2. Put a smile on your face. May this year bring you happiness. Smile, even when you’re feeling blue. Smile. Trust me, you’ll feel so much better. And laugh, as loud as you can and as much as you can.
3. Live your life. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it.
4. Get by with a little help from your friends. Don’t wait for a favour or for a birthday to hang out. Spend time with your friends regularly. Talk to your friends. Sure small talk is fine, but don’t shy away from talking to your closets friends about what’s on your mind. Rely on your friends and make sure they can rely on you.
5. Never stop learning. This year, take a class on something of interest. Sign up for a lesson. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
6. Forgive yourself. It’s as simple as that. Life’s too short to dwell on the past.
7. Keep calm and carry on. This year…Don’t stress. Don’t get bent out of shape. Just relax. Everything will work out fine. You’ll see.
8. Family first. This year, spend time with those you love. I believe that our families are our greatest blessings. Let’s cherish them always.
9. The sound of music. You’d be surprise on how powerful music really is. This year, whether you’re in a good mood or bad mood, make sure you have a song that documents it perfectly. Songs can bring up old memories or create new ones. Why not start compiling the soundtrack to your life?
10. Dance like no one’s watching. Stop hiding in the corner. This year, be the life of the party.
11. Peace, love and good health. Have these three and you’ll never be poor.
12. Always be thankful. Like last year, I’m thankful for getting to learn more and more about each and every one of you through your blogs. The posts that you all write are not only teaching me more about you, your interests and your creativity, but they have also inspired me. They have inspired me to blog more and to connect and build more friendships. This year, be thankful for what you have. Be thankful for those around you. Be thankful for everything. Don’t worry about what you don’t have…what you don’t have you don’t need it now.
I leave with my song of the day.
Beautiful Day – U2
Happy New Year and All the Best!
X O X O